Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Called To Serve


Sorry it's been so long. I've been out of town for a while. But I have some very exciting news!!

On Friday, August 15 I received my mission call! I'm going to the Sweden Stockholm mission!! (yes speaking Swedish) I leave for the Provo MTC on December 3 and cannot wait!!!! If you can' tell I'm really excited ha ha.

One reason for the excitement, especially on the day of opening, was because I had to go through so much crap to get my papers ha ha! I seriously hit every single road block possible and I didn't think my call was ever going to come! But it did and it feels so so right! I make frequent trips to

Ikea now for Swedish meatballs, candies, chocolates, etc. getting ready haha! I'm so so happy!



This is the Sword of Truth. Several of us have opened our calls with it. There's rules with it though. First, its from Pakistan so if you get called there you get to keep it lol. If you get called to the same mission as another missionary who opened their call with the Sword they must take you out to dinner. But if you get called to a rival mission, i.e. Washington D.C. South vs. Washington D.C. North, you have to take them to dinner ha ha.




3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! My family is Swedish- and Swedes ROCK! I'll have to send you my recipe for Plattar (Swedish pancakes) and a jar of lingonberries. Seriously, I'm so proud of you and thrilled. Post your address or email it to me when you get it, and we'll write to ya!

Zach said...

Oh I totally forgot your family was Swedish! Yeah that's awesome we'll have to talk about it lots! And I'd love that recipe thanks!

Anonymous said...

In the last picture, you look like a little kid on christmas morning. and it is SO cute! :)